The Creative Shift Forum Brussels 2014
@diversity: a high-level policy Forum on Entrepreneurship, Technology and Finance in the Cultural and Creative Sectors
Get involved and use this unique chance to discuss directly with high-level EC representatives about existing challenges for cultural entrepreneurs in Europe and develop together with cultural professionals, researchers, IT experts, financiers and policy makers new recommendations for the European Commission to foster the creation of cultural startups.
Furthermore, the EU pilot project @diversity will share its findings and statistics about their work as European-wide competition, incubator and accelerator of 12 outstanding startups ideas in the cultural and creative sectors.
The seats for this high-level event are limited and the participants will be selected by the European Commission to assure a representative diversity and relevance of the audience.
09.30 – 10.00 – Registration and welcome
10.00 – 10.15 – Introduction Speeches
• Silvia Costa, EP CULT Committee Chair (tbc) will refer to the policy context of which @diversity was part and refer to future initiatives in the field.
• Xavier Prats Monné, EAC Director General (tbc) will refer to the policy context of which @diversity was part and refer to future initiatives in the field.
• Thierry Baujard, CEO of peacefulfish, Project Leader of @diversity
10.15 – 10.45 – The @diversity journey – Learnings from 2-year EU pilot project
• Introduction video
• Interview with @diversity participants and coaches on their experience
10.45 – 11.30 – Panel Discussion “Entrepreneurship”
• Annick Schramme, Professor for Cultural Entrepreneurship at University of Antwerp
• Robert Koning, Coaching expert of @diversity
• Francesco Mantegazzini, Creator of Expo delle Startup
• Vincent Lagarre, Creative Europe – MEDIA, DG EAC, European Commission
11.30 – 12.15 – Panel Discussion “Technology & Innovation”
• Malo Girod de I’Ain, Founder of Digitalarti
• Frank Boyd, Director of Creative Industries Knowledge Transfer Network
• Kasper Jordaens, Head of Art&D, iminds
• Albert Gauthier, Scientific Officer, DG CNECT G2, European Commission
12.15 – 13.00 – Panel Discussion “Access to Finance”
• Eugene Smyth, Senior Investment Advisor at Institutional VC Funds of Ireland
• Ricardo Luz, Owner of Gestlutz Consultores
• Lionel Slusny, Board Member of European Crowdfunding Network
• Maciej Szymanozicz, Creative Europe – MEDIA, DG EAC, European Commission
13.00 – 14.00 – Lunch break
14.00 – 15.00 – The Innovation Battle – Parallel Round Table Workshop
During the innovation battle all participants are working in groups of 6-8 people on a solution for a specific challenge of cultural entrepreneurship identified in the panel discussions.
15.15 – 16.15 – Conclusion and presentation of answers
16.15 – 16.30 – Coffee break
16.30 – 17.30 – Recommendations to the EC- Panel
17.30 – 19.00 – Networking cocktail with the NEM Summit
- @diversity platform https://coaching.at-diversity.eu/pages/final-seminar/
- NEM website http://nem-initiative.org/nem-summit/